Sunday, August 24, 2014

Embracing Transparency

As a guarded introvert, I never imagined I would be sharing our family's journey in such a public manner. I've heard it said to be careful what you share with people because few actually care, most are just passionately curious. I used to embrace that philosophy, but slowly, my outlook changed. Over the past few months, I have seen eyes filled with genuine concern, heard gentle voices of sympathy, and read encouraging words from texts, emails, and even actual mail. Since December 16, 2013, life has been an absolute roller coaster. Although this ride has not been easy, we are learning you can find joy in each day. It is my hope that by embracing transparency and sharing our story, someone, somewhere, somehow will be encouraged. Our story is long, complex, and messy but I've learned that is true for everyone. When you spend time at Arkansas Children's Hospital, you can't help but see that everyone is fighting a battle- or all out war. We have met many fellow warriors fighting for seemingly small victories. May we be joyful warriors. Welcome to our crazy ride.





Our Sweet Caroline. I kept telling her to show me her war face and this is what I got. 

5 comments:

  1. Katie, thank you for starting this blog. It helps those of us who love you and don't want to pry, understand what you are going through. I love you and I will continue to pray for you and our sweet Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too. Thank you so much for praying. I have a mini panic attack each time I hit "publish" but I owe it to our prayer warriors and Caroline- she needs to know her amazing story. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a fellow messy sojourner, thank you for the courage to share your journey with friends who care and also those who happen to stumble onto your blog. We know that it's in the imperfections of life and the shadows of rainstorms we find the hidden yet miraculous bounty. You happen to be holding yours in your arms and your beautiful heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the kind, encouraging words! Beautiful sentiment- it has been a heck of a rainstorm but we have experienced His goodness in the words and acts of others.

    ReplyDelete